This is not an article telling you how to get more leads. It’s an article that shows you how to convert the leads you are getting…the steps you need to take to land a 100X better chance to turn your leads into appointments. In this article, we share the lead conversion secrets of our 7-figure med spa so you too can 100X your lead-to-appointment conversion rate.
- You’re likely spending a hefty amount on your business’ digital advertising/social media/SEO efforts.
- Though it may not seem like it, you’re also likely getting an adequate number of leads.
(Think you may not be getting enough leads? Use our proven system to find out.)
- The question is what percentage of those body contouring leads does your business turn into appointments…and just how many of those leads are lost?
- Unless your business can turn leads into appointments, you stand zero chance of making a sale.
- And then you’re back to spending more money on digital advertising/social media/SEO efforts to generate more leads.
Discover our Lead-to-Appointment Conversion Secrets
- The Prospect-to-Client Lifecycle: Lead Generation and Lead Management
- Secret #1 Speed to Response
- Secret #2 A Dedicated Phone Team
- Secret #3 Scripts, Protocols and Systems
- Secret #4 The Fortune is in the Follow Up
Before you dive into the secrets…
If you’d like more of our secrets to grow the aesthetic business of your dreams
Our digital course with a step-by-step business success blueprint is COMING SOON!
The Prospect-to-Customer Lifecycle:
Lead Generation and Lead Management
The prospect-to-customer lifecycle has two major stages:
- Lead Generation
- Lead Management
Most businesses spend plenty of time, money and attention on the first stage, Lead Generation, but don’t devote nearly the same amount of time, money and attention to the second stage, Lead Management.
What is Lead Generation?
Lead Generation is generally defined by marketers as the process of attracting prospects to your business and converting them into someone who has an interest in your business’ services and/or products.
But our definition of Lead Generation is different, it includes Targeting:
Lead Generation is the process of attracting your ideal client to your business and increasing their interest in your services/products with various methods with the goal of converting them into a client.
PRO TIP: If your marketing does not attract the right kind of customer, your team will have a hard time converting them into appointments.
The process of Lead Management starts when Lead Generation successfully concludes, at the very moment a lead contacts your business, by phone, text, website lead form, digital ad, or social media contact form.
At this time, the lead becomes a prospect and Lead Management starts and continues until the prospect becomes a customer.
The goal of Lead Management is to convert all qualified leads into appointments, and to follow and nurture all qualified prospects who do not initially schedule until they do ultimately schedule.
- Most businesses hire experts (marketing firms) for lead generation
- But fewer businesses hire outside experts for lead management
- So your business needs well-planned and capably-executed Lead Management processes, systems and scripts
- To turn your leads into appointments
Secret #1 to turn your leads into appointments
Speed to Response
The Initial Lead Response must be Immediate
- To turn leads into appointments, your team must first make contact (respond) with the lead
- The time to contact (respond) a lead is at the time she is interested in your services, not when your team ‘has the time.’ After all, you wouldn’t expect to ask a clerk at Macy’s to see a handbag and be told “sure, I’ll have a few moments at 4 o’clock.” It’s the same rationale.
- We refer to it as “getting them while they’re hot.” Contact the lead when her curiosity and interest are both high.
The best practices for Lead Response Management were set a few years ago by the findings of an MIT study. These findings are now widely accepted and recommended for businesses.
Take a look at the research findings regarding speed-to-respond.
- Your team stands a much better chance of making contact with the lead if she contacts the lead within the first hour.
- The odds of making contact with the lead are 100X higher if your team contacts the lead within 5 minutes.
- Going from 5 minutes to respond to 10 minutes to respond, the odds of contacting the lead go down by 5 times.
- And going from contacting a lead in 30 minutes versus 5 minutes, the odds drop by 100 times!
Most of you operate small businesses, so you may be wondering…
How do you even come close to achieving these goals?
With our Secret #2
A dedicated phone team
Secret #2 to turn your leads into appointments
A Dedicated Phone Team
- By “Dedicated Phone Team,” we mean your phone team does not routinely wear multiple hats. They are ‘dedicated phone personnel.’
- Unfortunately, for so many aesthetic businesses and spas, the Front Desk team member doubles as the Phone team member.
- When this is the case, one or both of these roles, Front and/or Phones, is bound to suffer.
Advantages of having a phone team that is ‘dedicated to phones’
- They can respond to leads (and to calls) quickly and focus (without interruption or distraction) on the ultimate goal of converting leads to appointments
- They have the time to follow up with unconverted leads (so you don’t lose leads)
- They can be expertly trained to handle difficult conversations and common objections
- They can assist in developing your follow up systems
- They can assist in developing your phone protocols, systems and scripts
Speaking of scripts, protocols and systems, that brings us to Secret #3
Secret #3 to turn your leads into appointments
Scripts, Protocols and Systems
- Your business must have a protocol, system and script for every step in the Lead Management process.
- From when to make the initial response to a lead, to how many attempts to make, whether each is by phone vs text vs email, the scripting for each stage of communication, the time of day for each stage of communication, etc. No detail left untouched.
Take a look at some more findings of the MIT Lead Response Management study we referenced earlier.
1 Do you know there are ‘best days to make contact?’
- Wednesdays and Thursdays are the best days of the week to make contact
- So it’d be a good plan to dedicate time for your phone team member to make contact attempts on Wednesdays and Thursdays
2 Do you know there are ‘best times to call?’
- Between 4pm and 5pm
- And second best is between 8am and 9am
3 What about the ‘worst time to call?’
- After lunch, between 1pm and 2pm
Your scripts, protocols and systems should be based on both expert research and experience in your market/business. At a minimum, you should develop and follow
- Lead Response Protocol
- Prospect Follow Up Protocol
- Nurturing Email Protocol
- Phone scripts
- Email templates
- Text templates
These processes should continue from initial lead→ to prospect→ until they become a customer
Secret #4 to turn your leads into appointments
The Fortune is in the Follow Up
If you are frustrated with the low number of lead-to-appointment conversions, it could be with your follow up process – or rather, your lack of follow up process.
Greatest Secret in Sales Success = Follow Up Process
We agree with Sales Guru Grant Cardone when he opines that the follow up process is the greatest secret in sales success. If you don’t follow up on your unconverted leads, you will lose any chance of making a sale.
Here’s an all-too-common Lost Lead scenario
You’ve spent a fortune on getting leads. Interested leads call your office, but they don’t schedule an appointment (for various reasons, i.e. bad phones, they were put on hold and hung up, “need to think about it,” etc.).
- Your team didn’t get contact information. You’ve lost a lead.
- Your team got contact information but did not follow up. You’ve lost a lead.
- Your team attempts follow up, but doesn’t make contact. No further follow up attempted. You’ve lost a lead.
- Your team attempts follow-up 2-3 times, without contact. No further follow up attempted. You’ve lost a lead.
Lost Lead Illustrations:
Phone Call→No Contact Information→Lost
Phone Call→no follow up→Lost
Phone Call→Next Contact→no more follow up→Lost
Phone Call→Next Contact→Next Contact→Next Contact→no more follow up→Lost
PRO TIP: Most businesses give up on leads too soon. By making more contact attempts, your team can increase conversion by up to 70%.
See how the illustrations change with a Prospect Follow Up System in place
Phone Call→Next Contact→Next Contact→Next Contact→Next Contact→Appointment
Phone Call→Next Contact→Next Contact→Next Contact→Next Contact→Next Contact→Next
Contact→Next Contact→Next Contact→Appointment
Visit www.bodycontouringacademy.com to learn more about growing a profitable body contouring business.