Dreamed of starting a body contouring business? But you haven’t done it because you’re afraid you can’t afford it?
- You don’t need to spend thousands of dollars to get your business started.
- And you don’t need to quit your job while you’re building your body contouring practice.
- You just need to make a minimal investment up front and have the willingness to roll up your sleeves to build your business.
So…how much does it cost to start a body contouring business? Not much. Take a look at this low cost startup model to launch a body contouring business.
In this article, we’ll show you how much it should cost to start a body contouring business.
We’ll take you through the steps of a low cost startup model, and we’ll include the expected costs for each step along the way. And we include a FREE Body Contouring Business Low Cost Startup Model Checklist.
Step One: Get educated in treatments and technologies – take a course and get certified
Step Two: Become an expert – practice treatments and purchase basic supplies
Step Three: Spread the word – marketing, social media, name your business, create your menu, set your prices, start the transition out of your current job
Step Four: Final Step! Full time business – select your business location from 3 choices
Step Five: When it’s time – grow your business with more treatments and services
You don’t need thousands of dollars
Use this low cost startup model to launch a body contouring business
Potential earnings from a body contouring business
- While you’re working hard to get your business off the ground, don’t forget your passion.
- And don’t forget the future rewards.
- Non-invasive body contouring businesses have low operating costs and high profit margins.
Take a look at your potential earnings from body contouring treatments.
It’s worth the investment!
What is the cost to start a body contouring business?
Low cost startup model
Get educated in treatments and technologies
Independent Research – Learn on your own
Body contouring is all about treatments to help clients improve body concerns and feel better about themselves. It’s important to know about these treatments.
Here’s an easy start
- Download a FREE copy of our Comparison of Fat Reduction medical devices
- Learn from the Equipment Search section of our website
- Read our website’s body contouring blogs
Learn from Experts – Take Courses and get Certified
- Body contouring business experts are people who have gone before you and have ‘already done it,’ spent years developing protocols and methods, and who will lay out a clear path for you.
- Learn the 9 reasons its critical to work with experts.
- Take the body contouring courses they’ve built and get certified in treatments.
- Your first course should be one that covers technologies that have the ability to treat multiple common body concerns such as unwanted fat, cellulite, and loose skin.
- This allows you to start your business with just one course and just one machine.
Take online course
Body Contouring 6 in 1 Masterclass, where you will learn Fat Cavitation, RF Skin Tightening, Vacuum/LED and Lipo Laser.
Cost range $549
You can purchase your 6 in 1 machine anytime during Step One or at Step Two.
Cost range $520 – $570
Practice treating family and friends
- Implement what you’ve learned in your course.
- Treat your family and friends to free body contouring treatments.
- Set up a ‘body contouring shop’ in a room in your home.
- You will use this space to practice…and as the first location of your new business.
You’ll need supplies for the treatments…so now is the time to invest in some body contouring business basics.
Basic supplies you’ll need:
Portable Massage Table Bed $99.95
Ultrasound Gel 250 ml bottles 2 ct $12.90
Protective Eye Goggles $12.99
CaviWipes (Germicidal) 1 Large Bottle 160 count $9.74
Total Cost $135.58
Optional supplies (supplies that can be purchased now or at a later date):
Exam Table Paper 2 Rolls $17.99
Alcohol Prep Pads 200 wipes $3.99
Liquid Alcohol 99% 16 fl oz $6.99
Spray Bottle set of 3 (8 oz) $6.65
Optional Cost $35.62
Spread the word – start marketing your treatments
- By now you’ve taken and completed the course, earned your body contouring certification, and performed practice treatments.
- It’s time to announce on your personal social media pages that you are a body contouring professional, soon to open business and accept clients.
- Talk about it a lot, every day. Ask your friends to share.
- Take photos when you are practicing and post those photos.
- Talk about the treatments, what they can do for the body conditions…how they reduce inches, tighten skin, and diminish cellulite.
- Answer the questions that come in.
- Name your business
- Create your treatment menu
- Set your initial prices
- Then, once you’re ready, set up a Facebook and/or Instagram business page and began posting about your business and your services.
- It won’t take long until you get a lot of interest, questions, and requests for appointments.
- Start setting appointments (outside of your job’s work hours) and begin seeing clients out of your home-based ‘body contouring shop.’
- You’re getting attention on social media accounts. Now it’s time to build a basic website.
- You can complete the website basics yourself by using one of three great companies.
- Compare and choose GoDaddy Wix and Squarespace
Cost $14/month (Wix, but GoDaddy and Squarespace are low cost too)
Transition to part time status in your job or quit your job to go full time body contouring
As you progress in seeing clients, you will get busier and busier. That’s great! But you will be putting in a lot of hours between your job and your body contouring home-based business. When you have built your body contouring business up to a point that you feel confident cutting back your job hours, ask to go part time.
Then later down the line, as your business grows, it’ll be time to leave your job completely and dive into your body contouring business full time.
Download your copy of our Body Contouring Business Startup Checklist now!
Select your initial business location
Once you have progressed to full time body contouring, consider where you will practice. Your choices are
- Home-based business
- Salon suites
- Small storefront
You will not need much more than a small reception area and a treatment room to start. And you can move to a larger location as you grow.
Grow your body contouring business with more treatment offerings
You did it! Congratulations! You successfully started your body contouring business following the low cost startup model.
As your business grows, and you’re ready to expand it further, it’ll be time to add more treatments and services for your clients.
Here’s the two treatment courses we recommend adding FIRST (in either order)
Whole body vibration therapy $99
The sculpting treatment that enhances and accelerates results from your other body contouring treatments…plus produces great results of its own! Learn more here
EMS (Electromagnetic Muscle Stimulation) Technology $149
The muscle toning treatment consumers are demanding! Learn more here
Have you added up the costs to start a body contouring business? Here it is.
How much does it cost to start a body contouring business?
As you’ve seen, a lot less than you’d think!
- And you can keep your job
- You can spread out your spending
- You can build your body contouring business gradually, but within just one year
- With the potential to make $18,000/month with just 6 treatments per day
- That’s $216,000 your first year!
For more information about starting a non-invasive body contouring business, visit www.BodyContouringAcademy.com.