What can you do to improve body contouring results, to practically guarantee your patient will be satisfied? Our secret? Encouraging multiple holistic therapies during the post-treatment period to optimize, accelerate, and even enhance, results. Each holistic treatment or product we offer supports the patient’s lymphatic function. Our holistic treatment spotlight today shines the light on the benefits of whole body vibration therapy following a non-invasive body contouring treatment.
In this article, you’ll learn
- Why we use vibration therapy after body contouring treatments
- How the whole body vibration machine works
- The benefits of whole body vibration therapy for your patients
- How to implement vibration therapy in your practice to improve patient results and grow your business: we’ll share our SYSTEM (Free download below)
- There are many benefits to your practice too. We discuss those benefits here.
Why we use vibration therapy after body contouring treatments
Final results are not achieved for several weeks or months after a non-invasive body contouring procedure
Neither patients or aesthetic providers are ‘done’ when the procedure or treatment series concludes. For most non-invasive body contouring procedures, final results are not achieved until a few weeks or even a few months after the final treatment. And getting good results are key to
- create happy patients
- develop long term patient relationships
- build an outstanding reputation
- maintain a high (90+) patient satisfaction rating
- achieve overall business success
Provide a way for your patient to optimize her lymphatic function so as to achieve better results
All esthetic practitioners provide patients with post-treatment instructions.
But what are you doing after that to stay in touch with your patient until treatment conclusion, i.e. final results? And, are you providing a way for your patient to adhere to your post-treatment instructions?
Adding a Vibration Machine to your practice is easy and affordable…and SMART
It’s both easy and affordable to provide ways for your patient to comply with post-treatment instructions.
We spent less than $250 each on our two whole body vibration machines. (We include a link to the Vibration Machines we use below.)
And we invite our patients to come in on a drop-in basis. Those vibration sessions are free.
More on our Vibe Walk-In Protocol (with a FREE DOWNLOAD) below.
How the Whole Body Vibration Machine works
A session on a whole body vibration machine lasts only ten minutes. It’s enjoyable for patients. And it’s a great opportunity for your team to chat with the patient and re-educate. We branded our machines as the ‘Vibe Away.’ Take a look at ‘the why’ there are many benefits of whole body vibration therapy.
1. FORCE (Gravity)
The whole body vibration machine produces a vibrating side-to-side and back-and-forth motion generating forces upon the body from 1G to 6G’s, depending on the amplitude and frequency of the settings used. In essence, the machine increases the amount of gravity working on your patient’s body.
Studies show the beneficial effects of the FORCE of the vibration machine. Your patient’s body responds to force (or gravity) by building muscle, increasing bone mass, increasing lymphatic function and strengthening the cardiovascular system.
2. MUSCLE MICRO-ADJUSTMENTS
When your patient stands on the vibration machine, every muscle in her body is forced to react in a continuous flow of micro-adjustments…contracting…then relaxing…rapidly, repeatedly and reflexively. Vibration machines can engage up to 98% of your patient’s muscle fibers, producing big rewards in just a short amount of time. The up-and-down motion improves your patient’s muscle tone. The side-to-side and front-to-back motion improves your patient’s coordination and balance.
3. NEUROMUSCULAR STIMULATION
The rapid-firing of your patient’s muscles causes a neuromuscular response that flows through her entire body. This causes multiple beneficial physiological changes, just some of the benefits of whole body vibration therapy.
The Benefits of Whole Body Vibration Therapy for your patients
IMPROVED LYMPHATIC FUNCTION
Number one on our list!
Multiple studies have been performed over the last several years that show whole body vibration therapy improves lymph drainage.
As the machine vibrates slower, lymph drainage improves. Slowing the vibration allows time for the lymph nodes to open, drain and close.
This action allows your patient’s lymphatic system to eliminate the fats, fluids, and toxins left behind after the non-invasive body contouring procedure.
BONUS: Promoting the lymph node activity also improves immune function.
FAT LOSS & WEIGHT LOSS
Research published in Science Daily documents the benefits of whole body vibration therapy, concluding that whole body vibration therapy is 54% more effective than aerobics and strength training in causing visceral fat reduction.
Studies have also shown the participants using the whole body vibration machine were less likely to gain weight.
Studies revealed a 26% reduction in cellulite after participants used the vibration machine for six months, 2 to 3 times a week.
OTHER BENEFITS of whole body vibration therapy
- Decreases cortisol levels
- Counteracts age-related muscle wasting
- Builds bone mass, decreased risk of osteoporosis
- Lowers blood pressure
- Improves strength
How to implement whole body vibration therapy and grow your business
- TAKE THESE STEPS to realize the benefits of whole body vibration therapy in your practice
- Purchase a whole body vibration machine. Here’s the one we use.*
- Write your educational material to include vibration therapy
___Pre-treatment informational paperwork
- Include whole body vibration therapy on your website
- Educate your team about whole body vibration therapy
- Add whole body vibration therapy to all of your non-invasive body contouring treatment protocols as a post-treatment educational component
- Create a series of non-invasive body contouring post-treatment educational emails to include whole body vibration therapy (we have included our vibration therapy email reminder as a FREE download in our website, in the Freebies dropdown under our Solutions tab)
- Include reminders for vibration therapy in your follow up call scripts
*Disclaimer: We’ve included the link to our vibration machine because we’ve used it for 6+ years and recommend it. We may make a small commission if you purchase, but this will not be an extra cost to you.
2. Develop a Walk In Vibe Protocol and follow it when patients walk in to use the vibration machine
Our medical spa created a Walk-In Vibe Protocol for our team to follow.
During these visits, we educated, bonded, and signed patients up for more treatments.
Download our Walk In Vibe Protocol here.
We know you’ll enjoy the addition of whole body vibration therapy to your aesthetics practice. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about growing your aesthetics business with non-invasive body contouring, visit www.bodycontouringacademy.com.